- Elizabeth Holmes Reportedly Got Married In Secret. Here's Everything We Know So Far.
- Um, Alleged Scammer Elizabeth Holmes May Have Secretly Gotten Married
- So, Alleged Theranos Scammer Elizabeth Holmes Might've Married Fiancé Billy Evans In Secret
- Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes reportedly got married in secret to hotel heir Billy Evans
- Elizabeth Holmes and Her Fiancé, Billy Evans, Have Reportedly Sent Out Wedding Invites
- Family of Elizabeth Holmes’ fiancé worry she has ‘brainwashed’ him: source
- You can live like Elizabeth Holmes — for more than $5,000 a month
- Elizabeth Holmes Is Engaged...Meet Her Hospitality Heir Fiancé
- After More Than a Decade of Scamming Silicon Valley, Elizabeth Holmes Has the Internet Shook
- Accused of Massive Fraud, Elizabeth Holmes Now Spends Her Days With Hotel Heir Fiance and Dog
Scammer extraordinaire Elizabeth Holmes, founder of defunct tech company Theranos, has apparently gotten married in secret. She and hotel heir Billy Evans reportedly tied the knot, after meeting at a party back in 2017.
The news first came to light when someone close to the couple leaked it to the podcast “B*tch Sesh” during a live event in San Francisco. Vanity Fair‘s Nick Bilton confirmed it with his sources, who said Holmes is, in fact, now married (Bilton, who covers Silicon Valley for the magazine, was not actually at the wedding). On Friday’s episode of Inside the Hive With Nick Bilton, he said, “I heard that no Theranos people were invited, which is interesting because she’s still friendly with some of her Theranos folks.”
There are lots of rumors circulating around Silicon Valley about the wedding, Bilton goes on to say, like that Holmes got married because she needed help with legal expenses. Last year, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Francisco charged Holmes and her ex-boyfriend slash former Theranos president Ramesh “Sunny” Balwani with nine counts of wire fraud and two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. They both pleaded not guilty, and, if convicted, face up to 20 years in prison. In April, she made her first court appearance since HBO debuted its revealing documentary on the Theranos scandal, The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley.
“She doesn’t have any money… he [Billy Evans] is a trust fund baby and has a lot of money, and he is probably helping out with the legal bills, because Elizabeth’s family doesn’t have money either,” Bilton says.
Another theory circulating amongst ex-Theranos employees, he says, is that “Holmes is gong to get pregnant before she gets on the stand because she will look very sympathetic as a pregnant woman on the stand.”
Her husband’s parents, William and Susan Evans, who own three exclusive Southern California hotels, shockingly don’t approve of the coupling. Bilton says that’s because they see her as a “scam artist.” Which, again, shocker.
But any warnings from friends and family obviously fell on deaf ears. Evans is like a “shiny new toy” to Holmes, a source told The New York Post back in April. “She’s super enthusiastic about being with him.
“He gave her his MIT signet ring. Billy and the MIT ring, they are inseparable. He always wore it on his pinky finger,” a colleague of Evans at Luminar Technologies, a company that produces sensors for self-driving cars, told the Post. “He could snap his fingers and have a triple-A diamond engagement ring instantly if he wanted to. But if you give her some extravagant ring, it could end up owned by the feds if she has to give up her material possessions.”