Sloane Stephens is officially off the market, though technically she has been for years. The 26-year-old got engaged to Jozy Altidore, with both members of the happy couple posting to social media.
Altidore is a 29-year-old American soccer player for Toronto FC and a member of the U.S. Men’s National Soccer team.
- 2017 U.S. Open winner Sloane Stephens and U.S. soccer star Jozy Altidore are engaged
- Sloane Stephens announces engagement to Jozy Altidore
- The romance between Sloane Stephens and Jozy Altidore is the most adorable story in sports right now, and their Instagram photos prove it
- Olympians Sloane Stephens And Jozy Altidore Announce Engagement
- Sloane Stephens and Jozy Altidore Are Engaged!
- Love All! Tennis Player Sloane Stephens and Soccer Pro Jozy Altidore Are Engaged: 'Forever Yes'
- Sloane Stephens Just Got Engaged And Her Husband-To-Be Is As Fine As Her
- It's 'forever yes' from Sloane Stephens to Jozy Altidore
- Sloane Stephens Announces Her Engagement to Jozy Altidore
- Jozy Altidore Is Engaged to Tennis Star Sloane Stephens
- More...Jozy Altidore ✔ @JozyAltidore
Forever starts now.
Altidore and the world No. 8-ranked Stephens started dating in 2016, but have known each other since childhood.
Given both are professional athletes, supporting each other through the highs and lows has come naturally.
“She is somebody who gets everything I am going through without having to say anything,” Altidore told USA Today in 2017. “You look at each other and you kind of know right away if one of you is annoyed. She just kind of gets the mood I’m in, as obviously she lives a very similar kind of life. In that regard it works really well, there is no stress. She is a successful athlete and I do OK, and we just enjoy our time together when we are together.”
Earlier that year, Stephens had captured her maiden Grand Slam at the US Open. Altidore was on hand for Stephens’ run to the Roland Garros final in 2018.
Stephens’ nuptials details are obviously still unknown, but she’ll have to get in line as there are few tennis superstar weddings already in the works for this year, including Caroline Wozniacki’s and Rafael Nadal’s.