Shia LaBeouf’s marriage might not be official
Shia LaBeouf’s marriage might not have been official.
The 30-year-old actor livestreamed his wedding to Mia Goth on Monday (10.10.16), but it seems the ceremony may have been all for show.
The pair apparently wed in Las Vegas, but a tweet from the account for Clark County Nevada – where the city is situated – claims they have no record of a marriage license for the couple.
The account tweeted: “Our records show no marriage license for Shia LaBeouf & Mia Goth. A commitment ceremony was performed #Vegas (sic)”
- Shia LaBeouf & Mia Goth’s Wedding A Hoax? — No Marriage License Found
- Shia LaBeouf and FKA twigs Seen Sharing Passionate Kiss in Public
- Shia LaBeouf's Vegas Wedding
- Shia LaBeouf and FKA Twigs seal romance with a kiss
- Shia LaBeouf Marries Girlfriend Mia Goth in Vegas Wedding Presided by Elvis: Report
- Shia LaBeouf & Mia Goth Married in Las Vegas Wedding! (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Confirms Mia Goth Marriage: Why Did They Live Stream Wedding? Watch
- Shia LaBeouf: My wedding was real
- Shia LaBeouf Divorces Mia Goth; New Romance On The Cards?
- Shia LaBeouf and girlfriend Mia Goth are not legally married after Las Vegas ceremony
The “commitment ceremony” that reportedly took place instead is composed of a public affirmation of a couple’s love without any legal binding.
It was previously reported that the couple got hitched at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel, and opted for a combined theme wedding of Elvis Presley and Hawaiian.
The ceremony was officiated by a man dressed as Elvis, who couldn’t resist throwing in the odd reference to the late King of Rock n’ Roll.
In the livestreamed video of the ceremony, he said: “Mia and Shia, do you promise to adopt each other’s hound dogs? Not to wear your blue suede shoes in the rain? To always be each other’s teddy bear? And to give each other a hunka hunka burning love? Promise? Alright, well by the power invested in me – The King – I now pronounce you to be man and wife. Now Sir, you may kiss your lovely bride.”
As of yet, there is no news as to whether the pair intend on undergoing an official wedding.
Shia and Mia met on the set of Nymphomaniac: Volume II in 2012, and have been dating on and off ever since. Engagement speculation first started circulating in March when Mia, 22, was seen at a Miu Miu show during Paris Fashion Week with a ring on her finger.
Neither of the pair made their engagement public knowledge, and in July 2015 it was speculated that the couple had split after the Holes actor was caught on tape threatening Mia.