Corrie’s Sam Aston just announced his engagement!
Sam Aston, the Coronation Street actor behind Chesney Brown, has just announced that he’s engaged!
Congratulations are in order for everyone’s favourite Corrie redhead – Sam Aston (AKA Chesney Brown) has just announced his engagement!
Yep, 23-year-old Sam popped the question to his girlfriend of five years, Briony Gardner, over the weekend.
- Congratulations to Sam Aston on his engagement
- Corrie's Sam Aston Is Engaged To Long-Term Girlfriend Briony
- ‘Coronation Street’ Star Sam Aston Now Engaged To Longtime Girlfriend Briony Gardner
- Corrie star Sam Aston announces his engagement to long-term girlfriend Briony Gardner
- Corrie's Sam Aston announces engagement
- Coro Street's Sam Aston announces engagement
- Corrie's Sam Aston just announced his engagement!
- Coronation Street star Sam Aston celebrating engagement
- Coronation Street star Sam Aston reveals engagement after romantic on-stage proposal
And in true performer style, the actor did it in front of friends and family on stage in front of around 250 people at an annual golfing event that the couple attend each year.
Ever the performer, Sam popped the question in front of around 250 people (Credit: Instagram/ Briony Gardner)
Sam, who has played Chesney in Coronation Street for a whopping 14 years now, posted a pic taken by someone in the audience who was watching the gorgeous moment.
Rather nonchalantly, he casually announced his engagement by writing: “Me and my beautiful bride to be…”
His fiancée had a bit more to say about the matter.
Briony posted this gorgeous photo of the two after their engagement (Credit: Instagram/ Briony Gardner)
Posting the same image on her own Instagram page, she wrote: “After sharing over five years together, four Al, Andy and Sam golf days and three doggies, two hearts have now become one as Sam and I are…ENGAGED!! (How is it possible I can even say that out loud?!)
“Sam got down on one knee last night at his annual golf do and proposed in front of 250 people and my heart could burst with happiness!! (When did I get so lucky?!) I can’t wait to marry my whole world but until then, I’m just floating in this bliss called love.