- All the Details on Ryan Lochte's $11,500 Bachelor Party
- Ryan Lochte Is Married to Kayla Rae Reid!
- Ryan Lochte Marries His GF In Secret Ceremony In Florida — Congrats
- Newly-Engaged Ryan Lochte Reveals How He Knew Kayla Rae Reid Was 'The One' — Plus, The Swimmer Is Already Talking Wedding Plans!
- Ryan Lochte Welcomes First Child With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Ryan Lochte's Dive into Marriage Imminent
- Is Ryan Lochte Heading Back to Reality TV? Olympian Says He Would 'Definitely Do It'
- ‘Dancing with the Stars’ contestant Ryan Lochte, model Kayla Rae Reid engaged
- Ryan Lochte Opens Up About Wedding Planning and Starting a Family
- Ryan Lochte Marries Kayla Rae Reid
Ryan Lochte is getting ready to head down the aisle with model Kayla Rae Reid, and in an Oct. 10 interview he reveals that proposing to her made him nervous — which is something, coming from an Olympic star. Find out exactly where and how Ryan proposed to Kayla, what he’s feeling now that they’re engaged, and when the wedding will take place!
Ryan Lochte, 32, and Kayla Rae Reid are happily engaged, but Ryan shares in a new interview that he almost totally ruined the whole thing! “I was messing up! I had practiced it so many times in my bathroom, I had my suit, my jacket on, and I was pulling the ring out, and everything was perfect. Then when it actually happened I couldn’t get the ring out of my pocket and I was stumbling over all of my words!” he tells Us Weekly about the proposal. “I was just so clammy and nervous — but then I finally got the courage to ask, ‘Will you marry me?’ And she said yes! And I was like, ‘Yeah! My life is complete!’” Congrats, you two!
Ryan also reveals where the main event took place. “We were in a helicopter and we went down around West Hollywood and Hollywood, and then we flew over Santa Monica and the pier, and we went up the coast in the helicopter,” he tells the mag. “Then they landed us on top of a mountain in Malibu, and on the mountain there was a picnic that had roses and champagne, and she was like, ‘What’s going on?’ And so we got out and that’s when I got down on one knee.” How romantic is that?!
Of course, we all want to know about that dazzling ring. “She liked a ring on her Instagram and I saw it and I remembered it,” Ryan shares. “So I wanted to get that same design, and I went to a jeweler that I know and I was like, ‘You have to make me this special ring.’ But the ring she liked was only like two or three carats — and I said, ‘No, I want to make it bigger, I want everyone to know that she’s taken!’” Amazing.
Finally, the two plan to take their time — there’s no rush to head down that aisle. “We’re not going to hurry up and get married really quick,” he tells Us. “We want to plan out everything, make sure it’s perfect, and I want to be there for her with all the flowers and everything, all the planning, because I want to be a part of it!” Love it. “We’ll probably do it in the fall of next year. I just want my family and my closest friends there and she wants the same thing. So we might keep the wedding small, but the party afterward — that’s going to be big.”