Rory McIlroy and Erica Stoll tell of lavish Irish wedding next year
The Co Down golfer and his birdie are set to get married in 2017 after getting together two years ago
RORY McIlroy has revealed how he and his birdie Erica Stoll started out their relationship as friends.
The Irish golfer, 27, openly spoke out about how he met his gorgeous fiancée and how they got together two years ago.
The glam couple are set to get married in a lavish location in Ireland in 2017.
Speaking to Cool FM, Rory said he ‘didn’t really ask Erica out’, but instead he asked her ‘what’s going on here?’
- Rory McIlroy’s Ex Girlfriend & Dating History: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Rory McIlroy marries Erica Stoll in beautiful ceremony
- Rory McIlroy marries fiancée Erica Stoll in star-studded wedding at Ireland castle
- McIlroy to tie knot with Erica Stoll in Ireland
- Golfer Rory McIlroy Marries Erica Stoll In Glittering Ceremony In Ireland
- Incredible picture of female Rory McIlroy lookalike getting married in the 60s unearthed
- Stevie Wonder, Ed Sheeran perform at Rory McIlroy-Erica Stoll wedding
- Rory McIlroy, Erica Stoll honeymoon at $14,000-a-night Caribbean resort
- Golfer McIlroy marrying sweetheart Erica Stoll amid tight security
- Rory McIlroy marries fiancée Erica Stoll in star-studded wedding – all the details
The Down native said: “I think the nicest thing about Erica and I’s relationship is we started out as friends.
He continued: “We were friends for a couple of years, we knew each other from the golf circuit and in summer 2014 started to spend a bit more time together and it went from there.”
“We spent Halloween together in 2014 and then the day next we went for a bit of brunch and we bumped into my mam and dad, but they knew her anyway so that was okay.”
Rory added: “We were sort of seeing each other for about a month and I didn’t really ask her out, I just sort of said, ‘What’s going on here? Where’s this going?’”
McIlroy was previously engaged to former world number one tennis player Caroline Wozniacki but famously backed out of the marriage in May 2014, just days after the wedding invitations were sent out.
The 27-year-old sports superstar revealed that blonde beauty Erica, 29, was nervous about getting too serious with him because of putting him under pressure.
Rory said: “I think she was conscious she didn’t want to pressurise me into anything because of what had went on with me but I was all for it.”
With regards to his wedding, Rory was keeping tight lipped and failed to give too much away but revealed he is helping with the organising.
The loved-up golfer said: “Everything is under control, between us we can just about make a decision,”
“I’ve gotten involved in planning the wedding. Erica keps saying, ‘It’s our day, not just my day.”