Mike Evans’ Wedding Featured An Elaborate ‘Harry Potter’ Cake And A Rapping Johnny Manziel
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans has two loves in his life — Harry Potter and Ashli Evans. Because he can’t legally marry a book series (thanks, Obama), he married Ashli and did the next best thing with JK Rowling’s work.
- Mike Evans donates $11,000 to help shooting victim's family
- NFL's Mike Evans -- Honored to Have Manziel at Wedding ... Gave a Killer Speech
- Mike Evans and New Wife Ashli Honeymoon in South Pacific [PHOTOS]
- Mike Evans & Gregory Hill’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Bucs’ Mike Evans gives the gift of perspective
- Mike Evans served Whataburger at his wedding
- Johnny Manziel turns up at former teammate Mike Evans’s wedding
- Johnny Manziel makes public appearance — as groomsman in ex-teammate Mike Evans' wedding
- Bucs’ Mike Evans on new contract: ‘I plan on helping a lot of people’
- Bucs QB Winston, WR Evans working on chemistry
At his wedding last week, Mike had a ridiculously elaborate Harry Potter-themed cake. Look at that thing. Each layer represents one of the houses from the books and there are glasses and a broom and my word this is the nerdiest thing to ever appear at someone’s wedding. There’s no truth to the rumor that Mike requested an all-night game of Quidditch instead of a bachelor party.
And what’s a Harry Potter-themed wedding without Johnny Manziel?
Evans and Manziel were teammates at Texas A&M, so not only was Manziel at this wedding, but the man under investigation for domestic violence and potential Voldemort was a groomsman, according to Cleveland.com. To show this wedding truly had everything, Manziel rapped some Drake lyrics for the world to enjoy.
The next time someone proposes on a scoreboard or gets married on a field or court and someone inevitably remarks about how sad or dorky it is, be sure to tell them about this wedding and to shut up about how two people who aren’t them choose to celebrate their love that in no way involves them at all. If two people love Harry Potter (and Johnny Manziel) this much, there’s someone out there for everyone.