They found love in the NFL
- Ex-Colt Matt Overton gets engaged to former Colts cheerleader
- NFL love story leads to quiet engagement
- Former Colts Running Back Zurlon Tipton Dies After Accidentally Shooting Himself
- Jags clear $30M in space by cutting Jackson, Gipson, others
- News topics - Statesman Journal
- Area bowling report
- Pennsylvania Scoreboard
- Nebraska high school basketball records that fell during the 2018-19 season
- indianapolis colts
- Track & Field: Owasso boys win regional title
He, a long snapper for the Indianapolis Colts. She, a cheerleader for the same team.Matt Overton has moved on from Indy, let go from the team in 2017 and recently re-signed with Jacksonville. Breanna Fonner has moved on from Colts cheering — she hung up her boots in 2015 after six seasons.
But the couple’s love formed with the help of the horseshoe? Well, it’s officially official now.
Overton and Fonner were recently engaged in a proposal that brought the NFL player down on one knee. Tuesday morning, Overton posted a video of he and Fonner practicing for their first wedding dance at a Thomas Rhett concert.
“Wedding Prep… Don’t mind us. @breannafonner & I just casually practicing for our first dance,” Overton tweeted. “I need the work. Star of the Show / @ThomasRhett.”
Fonner, who cheered with the Colts from 2009 to 2015, recently said on Facebook that “a man that loves me unconditionally all grew from my time as a cheerleader.”
The couple’s engagement is captured in a series of photos posted April 11 on Instagram by Fonner.
Overton, 33, is shown in a green plaid shirt, jeans, boots and a backward ball cap on his knee in an empty field. Next to them is a sign that reads, “Our future starts here.”
Overton played for the Colts from 2012 to 2016 and made the Pro Bowl in 2013. In 2015, he signed a four-year extension with the team but was released May 1, 2017. Fonner’s Facebook page lists that she studied business at Ball State University.