Lionel Messi will have TWO weddings to longtime girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo… because pals can’t travel from Barcelona to Argentina
Barcelona star will get married in front of 600 guests in Argentina before holding a second ceremony in Catalonia
The Barcelona star is set to marry fiancee Antonella Roccuzzo in the Argentine couple’s home city of Rosario on June 24 – the same day he turns 30.
And according to Catalan TV show Arucitys de la cadena 8TV, the couple will then have a second ceremony in the city where Messi made his name, for friends who can’t make it to Argentina. Around 600 guests have been invited to the ‘Wedding of the Year’ at Rosario Cathedral.
The guests will then be invited to party in the suburb of Arroyo Seco, where the couple stay whenever they return to Argentina.
- Lionel Messi set to marry Antonella Roccuzzo in star-studded bash – Here's all you need to know!
- (Photos) Lionel Messi WAG: Antonella Roccuzzo looks stunning ahead of wedding, Barcelona heroes arrive in Argentina
- Argentinian football superstar Lionel Messi marries childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo
- Who is Antonella Roccuzzo? Lionel Messi’s wife gave birth to Argentina and Barcelona ace’s third child Ciro in March
- Antonella Roccuzzo, Messi’s Wife: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Lionel Messi and Antonella Roccuzzo's wedding tattoos
- Lionel Messi’s Getting Married To Mother Of His Kids In Star-Studded Wedding — Details
- Lionel Messi-Antonella Roccuzzo Wedding: 6 Things to Know About The Star-Studded Affair
In front of Messi’s house in Arroyo Seco, fans of his boyhood club Newells Old Boys painted a mural in his honour.
Interestingly, the catering for the Argentine ceremony will be provided by a Catalan company who also handled the food and drink for Carles Puyol’s wedding in 2014.
Most of Messi’s Barcelona team-mates are expected to attend the wedding in Rosario during their summer break.
But a second ceremony will be held in Spain for those friends who are unable to make the 6,500-mile trip.
Barcelona stars Messi, Suarez and Neymar on business trip to play PSGThe five-time Ballon d’Or winner is said to be disillusioned with boss Luis Enrique following the Spanish champions’ 4-0 loss at PSG.
Messi has reportedly stayed in contact with former boss Pep Guardiola and begged him to return to the Nou Camp this summer.
It is understood the striker has been asked his opinion before every managerial appointment at Barcelona, and has now told the club hierarchy he wants Man City boss Guardiola to return.