As the Cubs’ Twitter team put it so eloquently, Kris Bryant added to his ring collection Saturday.
- Kris Bryant gets married, earns second ring in less than a year
- Want to buy some wedding gifts for Kris Bryant?
- Cardinals catcher has emergency surgery after a 102mph fastball struck him directly in the groin
- Our Hog Warts Are Acting Up Again, Telling Us This Upcoming Disney Movie Will Be a Blockbuster
- Couple together 17 years to marry on Rose Parade float
- Honor Roll
- 'Not I': Playmate Jessica Burciaga denies breaking up Kobe Bryant's marriage
- How did your MP vote in the decision over Syria airstrikes?
- Online Viewership Soars for Inauguration
- Honor Roll
The National League MVP and World Series champion wed Jessica Delp in their hometown, Las Vegas. They each posted Instagram photos of themselves with Jessica in her Ines Di Santo wedding dress and Kris in a tuxedo by Cedric’s Custom Apparel.
“Mr. and Mrs. Bryant,” she wrote on one image.
“Last dance with my WIFE!! And because j.annephotography killed it!” wrote Bryant to caption a photo of the couple kissing while dancing during the reception.
Photographer Jodi Anne praised the work wedding planner Angelica McDonnell of Green Orchid Events did over the last five months, as well as the wedding-day duties of other vendors and the hotel staff at the JW Marriott Las Vegas, where the ceremony and reception were held. “The videographer was up at 5 o’clock that morning getting the sunrise over JW Marriott so that they have that in the video,” she said. “Every single vendor was just going above and beyond because Jess and Kris are such amazing people.”
Several of Bryant’s teammates attended the nuptials and posted images and congratulations. Anthony Rizzo, who was one of Bryant’s groomsmen, posted a pic of himself and several other guests in party hats: “Had a great time celebrating Mr. & Mrs. @KrisBryant_23 last night.” Also among the groomsmen was Michael Wagner, a University of San Diego teammate whom the Cubs selected 14 rounds after Bryant in the 2013 amateur draft. Bryant’s brother, Nick, and Jessica’s brother, Tomo, also stood with him.
Cubs teammates Kyle Schwarber, John Lackey, Miguel Montero, Albert Almora Jr., Jason Heyward and Justin Grimm, and former Cub (now Cardinal) Dexter Fowler and White Sox pitcher Carlos Rodon also were there. Travis Wood, of course, was shirtless — just as he was during the Cubs victory rally — wearing only a vest.
Bryce Harper, Bryant’s sometimes-teammate-sometimes-rival on various youth clubs in Las Vegas, also showed up with his new bride, Kayla. The Harpers got married in San Diego last month.