- Ian Rush, 57, has asked his 35-year-old girlfriend Carol Anthony to marry him
- The couple are engaged after five years together and say they are best friends
- Their relationship began a year after he split with wife of 25 years Tracy Rush
- Foreign delegation calls on Punjab Sports Minister
- 'There’s 16 years between us, not 22' - Carol Anthony defends age gap with new fiancé Ian Rush
- Carol Anthony defends 16-year age gap with fiancé Ian Rush
- Liverpool legend Ian Rush, 57, gets engaged to stunning model 22 years younger than him
- Liverpool legend Ian Rush upstaged by model girlfriend Carol Anthony as the couple watch Reds pummel Roma
- Ian Rush is engaged to his stunning model girlfriend who's 22 years his junior
- Football legend Ian Rush pops the question to Irish singer Carol Anthony
- Ian Rush in Malta as wife threatens divorce
- Premier League legend divorces wife, engages stunning beauty who is 22 years younger than him
- Footballers with younger WAGS as Ian Rush proposes to partner 22 years his junior
Football legend Ian Rush asked his 35-year-old model girlfriend to marry him six years after rumours she broke up his 25-year marriage first emerged.
Irish beauty Carol Anthony is 22 years younger than her former Liverpool footballer beau Ian Rush, 57.
But the pair have announced they are engaged after a candid conversation about why Ian always refers to her as his wife when they travel.
Irish beauty Carol Anthony is 27 years younger than her former Liverpool footballer beau Ian Rush, 57
Carol, who used to be a pop star by the name Havana, told the Irish Independent: ‘When we travel together, Ian always introduces me as his wife.
‘Two weeks ago, I corrected him and said, “Ian, I’m not your wife.” He said: “Yes, but I want you to be. That is, if you want to be?”‘
The couple have been together since 2013, a year after Ian split with his wife of 25-years Tracy Rush.
Carol, a 35-year-old model and former pop star could not believe it when rumours she was having an affair with 57-year-old Ian emerged
The couple have been together since 2013 and say they are best friends
The marriage ended when rumours of a three-year affair between Carol and Ian, who grew up on a council estate in Wales, emerged.
But Carol, who has set up her own company Home-run productions, denied the pair had any relationship at the time.
In 2013 she told the Irish Independent: ‘There was a flirtation, I will admit that, but there was never a relationship and Jesus, not an affair. That’s beyond a joke.’
Former flame: Ian was married to his ex-wife (pictured) for 25 years until their divorce in 2012 after Tracy suspected her husband was having an affair
Ian with his ex-wife Tracy and sons Jonathan and Daniel at Buckingham Palace holding his MBE in 1996
Ian Rush (left) shoots at goal in 1981 during his time with Liverpool as West Ham United’s Billy Bonds misses his chance to tackle
Ian, who scored 346 goals in 660 appearances for Liverpool, lives with Carol between houses in Chester, London, Dubai and Spain
Five years later the couple, who say they are best friends, have agreed to get married.
Carol said: ‘Someone in our local pub who sees us regularly said to me recently: “You and Ian are best friends” He was spot on.
‘We enjoy our own company so much and that is 100 per cent necessary for a perfect companion.’
Ian, who scored 346 goals in 660 appearances for Liverpool, lives with Carol between houses in Chester, London, Dubai and Spain.
And despite a 27-year age gap Carol told the Sunday People: ‘I don’t see an age gap. I did once or twice when we first got together but I don’t any more. I’m trying to stop my ageing process but I think Ian looks better than ever.’
Carol, who has set up her own company Home-run productions, denied the pair had any relationship before 2013