Brie Larson Continues Living Her Best Life in Getting Engaged
Hot off her stint hosting S.N.L. this weekend comes some more exciting Brie Larson news. The actress and newly minted Academy Award winner is engaged to Phantom Planet singer Alex Greenwald, Larson’s rep confirms to both Us Weekly and People. Details of how the actual proposal went down aren’t really available, but good ol’ Us found a source willing to say that “the musician, 36, popped the question to the Oscar-winning actress, 26, during a trip to Tokyo in March.”
- Brie Larson Gushes Over Fiance Alex Greenwald: ‘He’s Just a Really Good Person’
- Brie Larson’s Rep Confirms Secret Engagement To Boyfriend Alex Greenwald; When Did He Pop The Question?
- Brie Larson confirms engagement to long-term boyfriend Alex Greenwald
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Sparkle and shine! Brie Larson flashes diamond ring after confirming engagement to Alex Greenwald
- Brie Larson Is Engaged! Catch a First Look at Her Engagement Ring
- Emmerdale's Aaron Dingle dumps Alex to reunite with Robert Sugden next week
- First they were JJAMZ. Now they're back to square one with Phases
- For 15th Year, Independent Film Fest Boston Promises Eclectic Films With Staying Power
- Brie Larson Rocks Bold New Red Haircut After Engagement to Alex Greenwald -- See the Pic!
According to both Larson’s and Greenwald’s Instagrams, they were recently in Tokyo, so this may very well have been when the engagement kickoff occurred. Larson shared some snaps from their trip, including this gem from Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland. Greenwald also shared some Instagram shots from Japan, including a great one captioned, “Tokyo no filter.” Jacob Tremblay was also there, which doesn’t really relate to this whole engagement story, but he bears mentioning on any occasion.
Larson publicly proclaimed her love for Greenwald, who she’s been dating for several years, in her Oscars acceptance speech. “Alex Greenwald, I love you,” the actress said. She also said “I love you” to Greenwald at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, where she won the award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role. Greenwald mouthed, “I love you, too,” from the audience, causing Larson to continue, “Yeah, we love each other.” They might just break the divorce curse that seems to plague best-actress winners.
Larson will next appear in a slate of movies, including Basmati Blues, The Glass Castle, and Kong: Skull Island. In between, she has a very cool wedding to plan.